TICKET GIVEAWAY – The Jungle Book is coming to The Lowry and you can win family tickets at this weekend’s ParentFolk weekender
The Jungle Book is coming to The Lowry in May, and we have 4 tickets to giveaway* at our ParentFolk weekender, Manchester, this weekend!
Children’s Touring Partnership and Royal & Derngate, Northampton are bringing their new adaptation of Rudyard Kipling’s family classic The Jungle Book to The Lowry from Wed 2 – Sun 6 May.
Originally written in 1894, Kipling’s beloved tale will be reimagined with a brand new score and script, exploring the universal themes of family, belonging and identity.
The Jungle Book tells of Mowgli the man cub who battles for survival in this heart-warming coming-of-age story about a boy raised by wolves in the jungle. With the help of his animal friends, including Bagheera the panther, Balloo the bear and Kaa the python, Mowgli outwits the cruel and powerful tiger, Shere Khan, and learns the law of the jungle.
The award winning creative team bringing Kipling’s timeless story to the stage includes playwright Jessica Swale, director Max Webster and internationally renowned songwriter Joe Stilgoe.
Playwright Jessica Swale has adapted the story for the stage. Her previous acclaimed play “Nell Gwynn” won the Olivier Award for Best New Comedy in 2016.
Max Webster directed Dr Seuss’ “The Lorax” at the Old Vic, which was nominated for Best Entertainment and Family Show at the 2016 Olivier Awards.
Jessica Swale, writer, said “I jumped at the chance to adapt The Jungle Book because it’s such a vivid world- yet, for a writer, there’s so much opportunity to imagine the jungle afresh. Part of the book’s enduring appeal is that the jungle can be anything we choose. It’s a playground, a school, a hideaway, an adventure, so I’ve enjoyed exploring what sort of place this mysterious, delightful, sometimes scary place might be- and what better way to do that than with Max Webster, one of the most inventive and imaginative directors working today.
‘I loved the characters as Kipling wrote them, but wanted to find new voices which resonate now- funny, bright, dynamic voices, with a little more wit, and greater diversity, in terms of place, tone, gender and culture. It’s a funny, heart-filled roller coaster of a journey which, I hope, will transport the audience right round the world and back again”.
ParentFolk are excited to have teamed up with The Lowry to give your family the chance to win tickets to see The Jungle Book. We’ll be giving you the chance to win tickets at the ParentFolk Weekender Manchester THIS SATURDAY!
HOW TO ENTER
Make sure you’re coming to the ParentFolk Weekender, Manchester this Saturday at Victoria Baths!
Grab your fellow parentfolk and littlefolk and head to the Modern Little People photobooth pop up in the main hall
Get silly and don some funky accessories
Strike a pose
Upload your images to Instagram and use the hashtags #ParentFolkWeekender #ModernLittlePeoplePickMe
*Terms & Conditions:
• You can share more than one picture for a chance to win
• Competition ends at midnight on 15th April 2018.
• A winner will be picked and announced by @parentfolk and @modernlittlepeople on Monday 16th April 2018
• Only entries using both hashtags correctly will be entered.
• Tagging people in the picture is allowed
• The prize tickets cannot be transferred to another show if the prize winner is unable to make the week of the show.
• The dates of the show are Wednesday 2nd May – Sunday 6th May 2018
• The four tickets can be used by any combination eg 2 adults & 2 children, 1 adult and 3 children but children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Additional tickets can be purchased next to the competition tickets if the winner wishes to bring more guests.
• The show has an age guidance of 6+.